A.1 Identification of targeted project’s areas and selection of pilot sub-basins – Gaining local support in the targeted project’s areas
Responsible Beneficiary: IOTSP
The action includes the following activities:
- Collection and evaluation of generic data about the areas of Platanias and Agios Nikolaos (Mirabello) Municipalities in Crete, Greece and Metapontino in Basilicata, Italy in order to select the project pilot areas (river sub-basins).
- Organization of meetings with farmers, agriculturalists and local competent authorities on water management issues and communication of the project’s actions and objectives.
- Registration of volunteering farmers and farms located in the project pilot areas that will participate in project implementation.
- Report on the three informative opening events. Download PDF
- Report on project’s targeted areas and pilot sub basins characteristics. Download pdf
- List of volunteer farmers and their respective parcels. Download PDF
A.2 Water Resilient Agriculture by means of the EWS standard.
Responsible Beneficiary: RodaxAgro
This action concerns the development of an Agricultural Water Management System (AWMS) based on the requirements of EWS standard and includes the following:
- Identification and adjustment of EWS requirements to the Agricultural sector (AWMS requirements).
- Analysis of the readiness of the Agricultural Sector to conform to AWMS requirements.
- Defining the specific tools and mechanisms required for the implementation of AWMS.
- Preparation of the implementation guide.
- Final AWMS Forms, after the evaluation of training farmers and FORs in data collection. Download PDF
- AWMS Implementation Guidelines as a tool for agricultural adaptation to climate change. Download PDF